Catalyst V4 Laser Marking System
Print Technology: Fiber-optic coupled laser diodes
Number of Laser Diodes: 4
Max Print/Cut Width: 4.1" (104mm)
UL Laser Certification: Class 1 Laser Product
Cutter: Built-in die-cutting knife blade and pizza-wheel cutter
Operating System: Windows® 7/8/10+
Please note, this product may have a 1-2 week lead time.
- How many models are there, and how much does each one cost? There are three models. The only difference between them is throughput speed. Otherwise, they produce the same output on the same materials. The three models are:
- Catalyst V2: two lasers, $3295 (MSRP)
- Catalyst V4: four lasers, twice the speed as V2, $4295 (MSRP)
- Catalyst V8: eight lasers, twice the speed as V4, $6295 (MSRP)
"Schreiner Color Laser Film (CLF) label stock is a high-grade polyester composite that is extremely resistant to environmental conditions and has outstanding adhesion properties for rough industrial applications. A high-powered laser, in a zero-emissions process, can mark CLF labels. The laser-active layer below the transparent laminate produces a high-contrast color reference layer for the inscription. The film surface remains undamaged with no ablation of film particles, creating a tough, highly environment–resistant label."
CLF labels have better resistance to the combination of UV light, liquids, chemicals, and abrasion than those produced by any other on-demand, desktop laser imaging system, including resin thermal transfer printed onto polyester.
Other supported interfaces include USB 2.0 and wired Ethernet for network connections.
- Catalyst V2: 48 seconds/label
- Catalyst V4: 24 seconds/label
- Catalyst V8: 12 seconds/label
- IUID Labels – for the US Department of Defense's MIL-STD-130
- UDI ("Unique Device Identification") Labels – for asset tracking of medical devices according to new FDA regulations
- Asset tags and labels – to protect and identify valuable equipment and devices
- Automobile labels – for VIN and rating plates and under-hood use
- Medical laboratory labels – with both low- and high-temperature and chemical resistance, labels can be used virtually anywhere from the freezer to the autoclave
- Solar panel labels – able to withstand outdoor stresses from wind, rain, and sunlight
- Security labels – prevents the label from being removed, and if attempted, shows tamper-evidence
- Harsh environment labels – any other labels such as instruction or warning labels used in rough outdoor weather conditions
More information is available from the US DoD at http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/pdi/uid/data_submission_information.html.
More information is available from the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/deviceregulationandguidance/uniquedeviceidentification/default.htm.
Commonly used in manufacturing, family sheets are usually produced in a central location and then sent to the factory floor. Each product they manufacture gets one each of every label on the family sheet. If a label is left over, the assembler knows that they forgot to put it onto the product.
The maximum length of printed and cut labels is 12" (304.8mm).
- Vehicle labels: VINs, rating plates, instruction labels, underhood labels
- Auto parts
- Asset tags in hospitals, offices, factories, etc.
- IUID/UID MIL-STD 130N labels and tags for the US Department of Defense
- UDI labels for medical equipment and devices
- Parking and permit labels on windshields
- Solar panel labels
- Utility boxes, street lights, power poles
- Industrial equipment of all kinds such as pumps, meters, HVAC equipment, valve, motors, etc.
- Lawnmowers, snow blowers, and all kinds of outdoor power equipment
- Aircraft, helicopter and marine parts and controls
- UL/ANSI UL969 listed labels
- Serial tags and name plates
- Medical laboratory labels for high and low temperature applications
- Paint mask labels for vehicles, spare parts and industrial equipment such as road graders, tractors, mining equipment and more
- Tools, air compressors, power washers
- Control panels
- Outdoor storage labels
|Print Technology:||Fiber-optic coupled laser diodes|
|Print Resolution:||300 x 300 dpi|
|Minimum Print/Cut Width:||0.5" (13mm)|
|Maximum Print/Cut Width:||4.1" (104mm) - Die-Cut
5" (127mm) - Pre-Die Cut
|Maximum Print/Cut Height||12" (305mm)|
|Media Width:||4.72" (120mm) - Die-Cut
2.125" (54mm) to 5.25" (133mm) - Pre-Die Cut
|Media Type:||Schreiner Color Laser Film (CLF)|
|Media Colors Available:||Black with white print|
|Media Sensing:||See-through and black mark sensors for pre-die cut labels, TOF sensing for digital die-cutting|
|Label Design Software:||BarTender Designer Software included; other versions available for more features and integrations|
|Operating System:||Windows® 7/8/10+|
|Data Interfaces:||USB 2.0, Ethernet 10/100|
|Electrical Rating:||12VDC, 5.0 Amps|
|Power Requirements:||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Agency Approvals:||UL, UL-C, CE, FCC Class A|
|Laser Safety Certifications:||CDRH and IEC 60825-1|
|UL Certification:||Class 1 Laser Product|
|Weight:||12.5 lbs. (5.7kg)|
|Dimensions:||13.6" W x 9.5" H x 17" D
(345mm W x 242mm H x 432mm D)