Eddie - Edible Ink Printer
|Print Width:||1.0" to 4.5" (25mm - 114mm)|
|Item Width:||1.5" to 3.5" (38mm - 89mm)|
|Print Speed:||5-6 cookies per minute, varies by size and print|
|Ink:||1 GMP Certified CMY Edible Ink Cartridge (see note below)|
|Carousel:||Includes one carousel for 2.5" - 4.375" (63.5mm - 110mm) items|
Eddie,® The Edible Ink Printer
The World’s only GMP and NSF® Certified food printer.
Get real, unedited feedback from actual Eddie owners by joining our Eddie, The Edible Ink Printer Facebook User Group.
How Does Eddie Work?
Eddie prints full-color photographs and text directly onto the surface of cookies, lollipops or other suitable food items. For example, the edible ink printer will hold up to twelve 3.5” (90mm) cookies on a circulating tray. Each cookie is automatically drawn into the printer one at a time. The printer then prints directly onto the surface of the item, rotates, and feeds and prints the next cookie.
Print Uniquely Shaped Cookies Using Eddie’s Manual Feed
Turn your Eddie into a Donut Printer!
New Platform Kit for Eddie the Edible Ink Printer lets you print onto objects as tall as 2”, including donuts, bars, mini cakes, hamburger buns, and more!
Watch a donut being printed!
Food Industry Certifications
The print head and all inks are certified as GMP components. Eddie is also the first and only edible ink printer ever approved by NSF®, a USA-based company that certifies hundreds of thousands of items used in food preparation, including tables, cookware, machines and other devices for use in food service.
one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialized digital printing equipment, is now using their expertise to design and manufacture an automated, desktop direct-to-cookie printer for cookies, candies, chocolates, macarons and more. Users will include bakeries, candy makers, caterers, food service, event planners and even amusement parks.
Eddie’s Edible Ink Cartridges
Unlike most edible ink printers on the market, Eddie is fully certified for food-grade use. In addition to the printer’s NSF certification, the print head and all inks are certified as GMP components. Two different types of ink are available; one is approved for use in the USA and Canada, the other for the European Union (EU). Cyan and Yellow are identical in both ink formulations. The only difference is with the composition of the Magenta ink. Learn more.
PRINT ON MARSHMALLOWS TO MAKE HIGHLY PROFITABLE CUSTOM S’MORE KITS AND CANDY POPS
Turn quick profits selling s’more kits, and candy pops with marshmallows printed on Eddie. These colorful treats are highly profitable, are easy to produce, and can be customized by season, holiday, or event. They’re great as birthday party favors or for fun around the campfire.
Eddie, Edible Ink Printer
"Excellent product. Way beyond our expectations!"
by Klara Johnson
"I love printing! It was easy to set up and start using! Great Product! "
by David Fell
"Amazing machine! Great customer service and beautiful cookies for my business."
by Karen Martinson
Note: Two different types of ink are available; one is approved for use in the USA and Canada, the other for the European Union (EU). Cyan and Yellow are identical in both ink formulations. The only difference is with the composition of the Magenta ink. The USA Magenta ink contains Red Dyes #3 and #40 and Blue Dye #1, which are not permitted for use in food colorings in the EU. The EU Magenta contains carmoisine, which is not approved for use in food colorings in the USA. To learn which Magenta ink is approved for use in countries other than the USA and Europe, please first check with your local authorities. Or, contact us at Primera. We may have additional information available that is specific to your country.
|Visit the Eddie downloads page for the latest support information.|
- What is the price of the printer? $2995 (USD, MSRP) in the USA.
- How much is the ink cartridge? The single cyan/magenta/yellow (CMY) GMP-Certified Edible Ink Cartridge is $130 (USD).
- Are your ink cartridges refillable? No. The ink cartridges are designed for one-time use only. For food safety and agency certifications purposes, this is our only option. Eddie is the only NSF-approved edible ink printer in the world, assuring you that Eddie is the safest edible ink printer you can buy.
- Does the ink have an expiration or best by date? Sealed cartridges are best for one year after the manufacture date. The best by date is printed on the cartridge box. FDA regulations require a best by date on the packaging. Keep in mind, expiration dates and best-by dates have very different meanings. Expiration dates tell consumers the last day a product is safe to consume. Best by date, on the other hand, tells you that the food is no longer in its perfect shape from that date. It may just lose its freshness, taste, aroma, or nutrients. The best by date is basically a quality indicator. Since this is ink is essentially food coloring, it has no nutritional value or taste to contribute to the overall product, so you can be assured that using the ink beyond the best by date is safe as long as the ink is still sealed in its foil packaging. However, once opened, cartridges last for six months. PrintHub, Eddie’s status monitor, will start tracking the six months from the first time they are used in the printer. Once you pass the six-month opened point, the PrintHub software will warn you that your cartridge is expired and should be replaced. If you wish to keep printing over the next few days or even longer, it’s OK. The ink doesn’t immediately expire at precisely six months.
- What size items (cookies, etc.) can you print? Item Dimensions:
- Besides circles, does Eddie print onto other shapes, too? Yes! Eddie prints onto squares, rectangles, stars, and even shapes such as Christmas trees, toy soldiers, and much more. You can also print onto other items such as lollipops, biscuits and crackers, potato chips, marshmallows, and more. See this video from our master distributor in Germany, DTM Print. .
- What size carousel trays are available? Eddie ships with a carousel that will fit items between 2.5” (63.5mm) and 4.375” (110mm).
- Speed Eddie prints a 3.5” (89mm) cookie in about 10 seconds. You can therefore expect to print a dozen 3.5” (89mm) cookies in approximately 2 minutes.
- What is the average ink cost per print? It depends upon the amount of coverage and the colors used in your design. If you’d like to know your specific ink cost per print, please send a high resolution .jpg of your actual design to email@example.com, and we’ll run a test through the printer’s software to give you a very close approximate cost. For a full color print, you can expect ink costs to run around $0.05 to $0.06 per print.
- How many prints will I get per ink cartridge? It depends upon the amount of coverage and the colors used in your design. If you’d like to know your specific ink cost per print, please send a high resolution .jpg of your actual design to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll run a test through the printer’s software to give you a very close approximate number of prints per design.
- What operating systems do these printers support? Windows® 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+.
- What is the highest resolution the printer is capable of printing? Native print resolution is 1200 dpi. Eddie can print up to a maximum of 1200 x 4800 dpi.
- What certifications do the printer and ink have? Eddie is NSF Certified and is the first and only NSF Certified edible ink printer available on the planet! Eddie also has many safety and EMC certifications, including UL, UL-C, FCC and CE. The ink cartridges are a cGMP Certified edible ink cartridge manufactured and filled in cGMP-Certified facilities. No other edible ink cartridges currently available have cGMP Certification.
- Does the printer come with design software? Yes, it includes a downloadable copy of BarTender Designer for your PC. Any other Windows-based software may also be used with Eddie.
- How long will my images last? When printed on a compatible frosting or surface, images can last up to a few months.
- What types of items can you print on? Cookies, macarons, candies, lollipops, white chocolate, soap and more!
- Will Eddie print onto my frosting, icing, glaze, etc.? With the millions of possible combinations of ingredients, your current recipe may or may not work. You will then need to make some adjustments to be successful with Eddie since we cannot change or “improve” Eddie’s ink. A multi-billion dollar company that supplies food colorings to the largest food manufacturers in the world developed the ink for us. They formulate their edible inks to comply with all local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations, including the FDA and cGMP. We can say with confidence that Eddie’s ink is the safest, most vetted edible ink in the business. Bottom line, the ink is what it is, so if at first you do not get optimal results, please do not panic! You might just need to adapt your recipe to be more compatible with Eddie. Many great recipes used successfully by Eddie owners are in the Eddie User Group on Facebook. Other considerations: print surfaces that are white and that dry hard work best; something similar to royal icing. Cookies should be flat and consistent in size. Primera can also supply you with a proven recipe that will deliver excellent results. You can also join the Eddie User Group on Facebook, where hundreds of successful Eddie owners have posted tips on how to get the best possible results.
- Are frosting sheets, sugar sheets or edible printer paper required? No. That’s one of the major advantages of Eddie over other edible ink printers. Eddie prints directly onto the surface of the food item. No sugar sheets required!
- Do I have to buy my ink from you? For safety and certification purposes, Eddie’s ink cartridges are designed specifically for our printers. You won’t find them at brick-and-mortar retail stores. However, our online store at www.primera.com and many others should always have them in stock.
- Can you show me some success stories? Yes, we have many of them on our web pages for Eddie and Primera’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/primeratech. You can also join the Eddie Facebook User’s Group.
Print Width: 1" to 4.5" (25mm to 114.3mm)Using the carousel:
Maximum Thickness: 1" (25mm) for 1.5" (38mm) max diameter items. For all other sizes, .75" or 20mm.
Item Size: 2.5" to 4.375" (63.5mm to 110mm)Macaron Adapter Kit:
A macaron adapter kit allows you to print items as small as 1.5” (38mm).Platform Kit:
The optional Eddie Platform Kit allows you to print taller items. The maximum dimensions are 4.5” (114.3mm) wide by 2” (50.8mm) high.
For a 3.5” (89mm) cookie with a full coverage design, you can expect around 1,400 – 2,700 prints per cartridge.
Design software for Mac isn’t included, but you can use any Mac-based software to print to Eddie.
|Print Method:||Thermal inkjet|
|Print Resolution:||1200 x 1200 native; up to 1200 x 4800 dpi|
|Minimum Print Width:||1" (25mm)|
|Maximum Print Width:||4.5" (114.3mm)|
|Minimum Item Width||1.5" (38mm)|
|Maximum Item Width:||4.5" (114.3mm)|
|Minimum Thickness:||0.08" (2mm)|
|Maximum Thickness:||1" (25mm) thickness for 1.5" (38mm) diameter objects. For all other sizes, 0.75" or 20mm is max|
|Print Speed:||5-6 cookies per minute, varies by cookie size and print|
|Weight:||Total weight: 24.9lbs. (11.3kg)
Printer = 18.7lbs. (8.5kg)
Carousel and Base = 6.2lbs. (2.8kg)
|Dimensions:||Total Dimensions: 16" W x 31.2" L x 7.12" H (406mm W x 792mm L x 181mm H)
Printer Dimensions: 12.47" W x 18.67" L x 7.12" H (317mm W x 474mm L x 181mm H)
Carousel Dimensions: 16" W x 16.58" L x 2.8" H (406mm W x 421mm L x 72mm H)
|Power:||36W (12V, 3A)|
|Certifications:||UL, UL-C, FCC Class A
NSF/ANSI Standard 18 Manual Food and Beverage Equipment
UL 763 Standard for Motor-Operated Commercial Food Preparing Machines
CSA C22.2 No. 195-16 Motor Operated Food Processing Appliances (Household and Commercial)
|Warranty:||1 year parts and labor. An extended warranty is available for purchase.|
|Operating Systems:||Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / 11 or MacOS 10.11 - MacOS 12 +|
|Included:||BarTender Designer software for Windows, printer drivers for Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+, ultra-high yield edible ink cartridge and carousel tray for 2.5” (63.5mm) – 4.375” (110mm) items.|