LX3000 Color Label Printer, Pigment Ink
Volume: Up to 7,500/day
Max Print Width: 8.25 in (210mm)
Print Speed: up to 4.5 ips
Ink: 1 multi-use print head with separate CMY pigment ink tanks, dye ink optional
Cutter: Yes, pizza-wheel style
Now shipping, this product has a 1-2 week lead time.
What's In The Box
Bartender Ultralite software for Windows, non-perforated 6” X 4” (152mm x 102mm)Tuffcoat™ Premium Gloss Paper Inkjet Label Stock starter roll & ultra-high yield CMY dye ink cartridge.
|Visit the LX3000 downloads page for the latest support information.|
- LX3000 looks just like LX910. Why is that? And what is the difference between the two models? LX3000 has the same print speed and print quality as LX910. The only difference is that LX3000 has separate CMY ink tanks. LX910 has a single, high-capacity CMY ink cartridge.
- Why would I purchase LX3000 instead of LX910 for $300 (MSRP) more? It depends upon your intended use of the printer:
- Is LX3000 a replacement for another Primera model? Yes. LX3000 replaces LX2000, which is no longer available. We will offer consumables for LX2000 for at least 5-7 years; typically, we support consumables even longer.
- Does LX3000 have Ethernet in addition to USB 2.0? Yes, like LX2000, LX3000 has wired Ethernet. It does not have built-in wireless but can be made into a wireless printer with a low-cost Ethernet to Wireless adapter. Customer Care reps can email you a list of currently-supported 3rd-party adapters.
- Why does the LX3000 label printer have only Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow (CMY) Ink Tanks? What happened to the Black Ink Tank? We left it out on purpose! Primera has, by far, the best print quality in the industry. That’s why our printers lead in what we call the “Prime Label” market. These are labels that are applied directly to your products, helping you look more professional and sell more. We achieve this high level of print quality by using only CMY dye and pigment inks. Black inks in almost all desktop inkjet printers have HALF the print resolution and TWICE the droplet size as CMY inks. We didn’t want to make that compromise to your finished labels’ print quality! Further, black inks are generally only used for text. On many product labels, the text is tiny. Having the highest possible small-text resolution is a significant advantage that will make your product labels look their best and make it easier for your customers to read.
- How water- and UV-resistant are the inks in LX3000? If your application requires water – and UV resistance, LX3000 pigment ink is an excellent option when used with Primera’s matched substrates.
- Does the print head eventually need to be replaced? Yes. Unlike single-use print head machines such as LX910, the print head on LX3000 will last for up to seven (7) ink tank changes of any one of the three colors. When the seventh tank of any one color is replaced, you will be prompted in the PrintHub software that the print head is now out of warranty and you may wish to replace the print head soon. You can continue printing past seven tanks as long as the print quality is still acceptable to you. Eventually, nozzles will start to wear out and fail, resulting in horizontal banding. A new print head sells for $74.95 MSRP (USD).
- In which countries is LX3000 available? LX3000 is available for sale worldwide, subject to the usual restrictions in certain countries regarding locally required safety and emissions approvals, VAT, duties, taxes, etc.
- What is the cost per label? Like all of Primera’s color label printers, it varies by the label’s size and the ink coverage. Based upon Primera’s published MSRP prices, the ink for a label that costs $0.05 on LX910 would cost about $0.03 each on LX3000.
- Does the LX3000 come with software? Yes, LX3000 ships with a free copy of BarTender® UltraLite software. It generates almost every bar code ever invented, including 2D and 3D bar codes such as Datamatrix and QR codes. For more advanced applications, BarTender Professional Edition is available. It allows connection to external databases, along with many other additional features such as serialization. Integration to ERPs such as Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle® and SAP® is available through BarTender Enterprise Edition.
- How do I get help with technical issues? In the USA and Canada, contact Primera’s Technical Support at +1-763-475-6676. Outside of the USA and Canada, please contact your local reseller or Primera distributor. All Primera customers receive free technical support by phone, email, and live chat for the life of the product.
- What is the warranty on the printer? One-year parts and service. Extended warranties are also available for purchase.
- What are the prices of the printers?
- How much are the ink cartridges?
- What are the main differences between the five label printers?
- Label Width:
- Label Length:
- Ink Cartridges:
- Label Rolls:
- Speed: (Expected throughput for an 8 hour work day.)
- What is the average cost per label? It depends upon the amount of coverage and the colors used in your design. If you’d like to know your specific cost per label, please send a high resolution .jpg of your actual label to firstname.lastname@example.org, specify the printer you would like us to test, and we’ll run a test through the printer’s software to give you a very close approximate cost. We can also provide this general information:
- How many labels can you print per ink cartridge or set of ink carts? It depends upon the amount of coverage and the colors used in your design. If you’d like to know your specific cost per label, please send a high resolution .jpg of your actual label to email@example.com, specify the printer you would like us to test, and we’ll run a test through the printer’s software to give you a very close approximate number of labels per design. We can also provide this general information:
- Which printers offer a built-in label cutter? LX500c has a guillotine-style cutter built-in, while LX600, LX910 and LX3000 both offer a built-in “pizza-wheel” style label cutter. LX610 has a built-in die-cutting knife blade for cutting labels into custom shapes and sizes. LX610 also has a built in “pizza-wheel” style cutter.
- What operating systems do these printers support?
- What is the highest resolution each printer is capable of printing? Native print resolution is 1200 dpi. All can print up to a maximum of 1200 x 4800 dpi, although 1200 x 1200 and 1200 x 2400 settings are usually preferred since they print faster.
- Do the printers come with software to design my labels? Yes, they come with a basic design program for Windows called BarTender UltraLite. LX610 does not include this software, but you can download Bartender for free on their website. It allows you to import graphics, logos, etc. and add things like bar codes. You can also design your labels in a full-featured design program, save them as high-resolution .jpg, .tiff, .bmp, .png or .pdf files and use our software to arrange them onto your label stock and print. Or, you can print directly out of your own graphic design software such Adobe® Illustrator® as long as that software allows you to change the page sizes to the sizes of your labels.
- Does the printers do bar codes? Yes, for Windows users they come with BarTender UltraLite software, which includes just about every type of bar code used in business and industry worldwide, including 2D bar codes. LX610 does not include this software, but you can download Bartender for free on their website.
- Are the labels waterproof? We hesitate to use the word “waterproof,” but several of our label substrates, when printed onto by LX600, LX610, LX910 and LX3000 with pigment inks, are highly water-resistant. We do not recommend LX500/RX500 for labels that will be exposed to water. The black on LX500/RX500 is made by mixing cyan, magenta and yellow. That much ink saturation can smear when it gets wet no matter which label stock you use.
- How long will my images last? All inks, whether dye or pigment, will begin to fade over time. Dye ink generally is recommended for indoor use on products that will be consumed in less than a year. If exposed daily to direct sunlight or bright indoor lights, dye inks can start to fade in a number of months. Dye inks deliver the best range of bright, vibrant colors so they are usually preferred over pigment ink for products that go onto food, wine and other consumable products. Pigment ink has superior UV resistance. Primera’s pigment inks have been tested outdoors for more than a year with little noticeable fading. Pigment ink is usually selected if many years indoor or up to two years outdoor life is required with little fading. Labels printed with pigment ink will be slightly less vibrant, so are usually selected for more industrial-types of projects such as GHS labels, tags, photo ID badges, bin labels and much more.
- Do I have to buy my labels and ink from you? Continuous label stock for LX610 (used for digital die-cutting) must be purchased from Primera or one of its resellers. This material is chipped and perfectly matched with the printer for digital die-cutting. Any inkjet coated label material for pre-die cut labels may be used. For all other Primera desktop label printers, you are free to purchase them from anyone you choose. Labels just need to be coated for aqueous inkjet printing. For non-Primera labels, you’ll see varying levels of water-resistance, gloss and other characteristics. Remember to always test first! Our ink carts are designed specifically for our printers. So, you won’t generally find them at brick-and-mortar retail stores. However, thousands of online resellers have them in stock, as does Primera’s e-commerce site www.primera.com.
- Are your ink cartridges refillable? No, they are not. They are designed and manufactured for one-time-only use.
- Are any of your printers wireless? LX3000 does not have built-in wireless but can be made into a wireless printer with a low-cost to Ethernet to Wireless adapter. Customer Care reps can email you a list of currently-supported 3rd-party adapters.
- Do you offer any financing? Yes! We have a relationship with PayPal where our products now qualify for their “Bill Me Later” program. It works like this: we write up a proforma invoice for your purchase. You submit it to PayPal for approval. Once approved, you can purchase the equipment from us and get 6 months of interest-free financing. The down-payment amount and monthly payment amount is figured out between you and PayPal. You’ll need to either already have or open a new PayPal account to use this financing.
LX3000 Color Label FAQ
-With LX910, a single ink cart is very convenient. As long as you keep a spare ink cartridge on-hand, you will never have to worry about running out of a tank with a single color. If your graphics have a relatively even amount of CMY on all designs, LX910 is a great choice for you.
-LX3000, with individual CMY tanks that are much larger, your cost per label will be lower. This is especially true if your label designs use more of one color than another – for example, lots of blue. LX3000 is also recommended for longer runs of labels because it comes from the factory with 222ml of ink. LX910 ships with 48ml of ink.
There are several other reasons that CMY-only is preferable for producing prime labels:
-Ease of Use (One less color cartridge/tank to deal with)
-One less cartridge/tank to purchase and make sure you always have on-hand
-Better overall contrast levels vs. CMYK since the “K” ink is always either on or off
LX3000 can also use dye-based inks. Dye inks are generally not as water-resistant as pigment inks, nor are they very resistant to UV light. However, for products that are used indoors or consumed within a year or so, dye inks are an excellent choice since they deliver somewhat brighter, even more vivid colors.
LX3000 is sold as a dye unit or pigment unit. It is possible to switch back and forth between dye and pigment, but we recommend purchasing the ink type that you use the most. If you frequently switch back and forth between dye and pigment, we instead recommend that you purchase an LX910.
General Label Printer FAQ
LX500: $1295 (MSRP)
LX500c: $1395 (MSRP)
RX500: $2495 (MSRP)
LX600: $1895 (MSRP)
LX610: $2495 (MSRP)
LX910: $2695 (MSRP)
LX3000: $2995 (MSRP)
LX500/LX500c/RX500: the single cyan/magenta/yellow (CMY) cartridge is $54.95.
LX600/LX610/LX910: the dye-based single, ultra-high capacity cyan/magenta/yellow (CMY) cartridge is $74.95, and the pigment-based single, ultra-high capacity CMY cartridge is $76.95.
LX3000: Dye and Pigment print heads are $74.95 each. The three color ink tanks are $64.95 each. You can save money by purchasing a multipack (one of each CMY) for $189.99.
LX500/LX500c/RX500 will print on a label from 0.75” (19mm) up to 4.25” (108mm) wide
LX600 will print on a label from .5” (13mm) to 5” (127mm) wide
LX610 will print on a label from .5” (13mm) to 4.1” (104mm) - die-cutting and .5” (13mm) to 5” (127mm) - pre-die cut
LX910/LX3000 will print on a label from 0.50” (13mm) up to 8.25” (210mm) wide; minimum liner width is 1.5” (38mm) and can be up to 8.375” (213mm) wide
LX500/LX500c/RX500 will print a label from 0.75” (19mm) up to 24” (610mm) long
LX600/LX610 will print on a label from 0.5” (13mm) up to 12” (305mm) long
LX910/LX3000 will print a label from 0.50” (13mm) up to 24” (610mm) long
LX500/RX500 utilize a single Cyan/Magenta/Yellow (CMY) ink cartridge that combines colors to make a process black.
LX600/LX610/LX910 use a single, ultra-high capacity CMY ink cartridge for dye for vibrant prime labels, and one for pigment that possesses UV- and water-resistant qualities.
LX3000 has separate CMY ink tanks in both dye and pigment inks. You also save money on ink since only the tank that runs out of ink needs to be replaced.
LX500/RX500 have a 2” (51mm) core with label roll Outside Diameter (OD) of 5” (127mm).
LX600/LX610/LX910/LX3000 have a 3” (76mm) core with an OD of 6” (152mm).
LX500/RX500 – 500 to 1000 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) prints per day
LX600/LX610 – Up to 3000 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) prints per day
LX910 – 3000 to 5000 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) prints per day
LX3000 - 5000 to 7500 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) prints per day
LX500/LX500c: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, cost per label can range from $0.05 to $0.10.
RX500: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, cost per label can range from $0.05 to $0.10. With the addition of a RFID inlay, the cost will vary.
LX600/LX610/LX910: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, cost per label can range from $0.03 to $.07.
LX3000: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, cost per label can range from $0.005 to $.03.
LX500/LX500c/RX500: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, you’ll get about 600 to 800 labels per ink cartridge
LX600/LX610/LX910: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, you’ll get about 1300 to 1800 labels per ink cartridge
LX3000: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, you’ll get about 7000 to 8500 labels per set of ink tanks
LX500/LX500c: Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+Regarding Windows XP and Vista, our printer drivers will likely still work. However, since Microsoft has ceased support for XP and Vista, we have no choice but to also no longer support XP and Vista. If you choose to use one of these obsolete operating systems, you do so at your own risk.
RX500: Windows: 7/8/10+
LX600: Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+
LX610: Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+
LX910: Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+
LX3000: Windows 7/8/10+
For Mac, we don’t include software since most Mac users prefer to print directly from programs such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. If you are not a designer, an easy to use software package we recommend for Mac is Label LIVE software. You can download a free trial on our website.
It is important to match the right substrate for your particular application. This is especially true for water-resistance. Before ordering a large quantity of blank labels you should try out some printed labels on your products in the environment in which they’ll be used. In general, we suggest a synthetic substrate for high-humidity or wet environments. Vinyl, BOPP and polyester label stocks are ideal.
The most water-resistant substrate we sell is the clear and white polyester labels. However, they are also the most expensive. Vinyl and BOPP are great alternatives but again should be tested before ordering a large quantity of blank labels. Vinyl is also ideal for very small or irregularly-shaped containers since it is very soft and conformable. For applications where water isn’t a concern, our TuffCoat Gloss White paper labels perform exceptionally well and are affordable, too.
|Print Method:||Thermal inkjet; Dye & Pigment ink|
|Print Resolution:||Up to 1200 x 4800 dpi|
|Print Speeds:||Draft Mode: 4.5” (114mm) per second
Normal Mode: 1.8” (46mm) per second
High Quality Mode: 0.8” (20mm) per second
|Print Head:||Replaceable Multi-Use Print Head|
|Ink:||Separate Cyan, Magenta and Yellow Ink Tanks, Process Black|
|Color Matching:||ICC color profiles for all Primera-supplied media. Ability to add custom ICC color profiles for other media types.|
|Print Width:||0.5" (13mm) to 8.25" (210mm)|
|Media Width:||1.5" (38mm) to 8.375" (212mm)|
|Media Types:||Roll-fed pressure-sensitive labels, roll-fed tags, fan-fold labels or tag|
|Media Sensing:||Moveable see-through sensor for die-cut labels;
reflective sensor for labels and tags with black stripe;
can use continuous and pre-printed labels and tags
|Supply Roll:||6" (152mm) maximum diameter on 3" (76mm) core.|
|Ink Level Warning:||Calculates actual number of prints remaining based upon ink usage of graphics being printed (patent-pending)|
|Indicator Lights:||Power, Pause, Ink|
|Controls:||Pause, Load/Feed, Unload|
|Operating Systems:||Windows 7/8/10+ (Coming Soon - MacOS 10.11+)|
|Data Interface:||USB 2.0 and Wired Ethernet|
|Label Design Software:||Seagull Scientific Bartender® UltraLite Software version included; can also be used with most other popular label design & graphics programs|
|Electrical Rating:||12VDC, 5.0A|
|Power Requirements:||100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz, 60 watts|
|Certifications:||UL, UL-C, CE, FCC Class A|
|California Prop 65:||WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Toxin - www.p65warnings.ca.gov|
|Weight:||36.5 lbs. (16.6 kg)|
|Dimensions:||17.25"W x 9.1"H x 17.25"D
(438mmW x 231mmH x 438mmD)
Bartender Ultralite software for Windows, non-perforated 4”X3” Extreme White Gloss Polyester starter roll, print head and CMY ink tanks
|Label width:||8.25" (209mm)||0.5" (13mm)|
|Liner/media width:||8.375" (212mm)||1.5" (38mm)|
|Label height/length:||24" (609mm)||0.5" (13mm)|
|Gap between labels:||10" (254mm)||0.1" (2.5mm)|
|Width of thru-hole opening:||0.5" (13mm)||0.25" (6mm)|
|Gap Sensor Adjustment Range:||1.9" (48mm)||0.2" (5mm)|
|Reflective/Black Mark Width*:||N/A||0.1" (2.5mm)|
|Max Outer Diameter (OD):||6"(152mm)||N/A|
|Inner Core Diameter (ID):||3" (76mm)||3" (76mm)|
|Total Thickness (Liner + Label)**:||0.010” (10 mil)||N/A|
|Distance from edge of media to edge of label:||Printer driver assumes 2 mm gap. However, this is adjustable via the left margin offset.|
* The Reflective/Black Mark should be opaque to infrared light. The mark should be between the labels. The end of the mark should correspond with the beginning of the label.
** This is the recommended maximum. There are two factors that determine whether the printer will accept any particular stock thickness.