LX610 & PTCreate Pro Software Bundle
Volume: Up to 3,000/day
Plotter Cutter: Prints & cuts any label shape including intricate contours
Max Print Width: 4.1" (104mm) - Die-cutting, 5" (127mm) - Pre-die cut labels
Print Speed: up to 4.5 ips
Ink: 1 tri-color dye or pigment cartridge (ships with dye)
Cutter: Built-in die-cutting knife blade and pizza-wheel cutter
Label Materials*: Primera-Approved continuous stocks are available for digital die-cutting, along with pre-die cut materials. Please note: AP-Series Label Applicators only work with pre-die cut materials. Learn More.
Operating System**: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / 11 or MacOS 10.11 - MacOS 12 +
Voltage: 100-240 VAC
LX610 Color Label Printer with Plotter / Cutter with PTCreate Pro
Print and cut custom labels of any shape or size – all in one simple, unattended process.
LX610 Color Label Printer
Make labels for your products in virtually any size or shape.
Volume:Up to 3,000/day
Print Speed:Up to 4.5 inches per second
Print Width:4.1” (104mm) - die-cutting, 5” (127mm) - pre-die cut labels
Cutter:Built-in die-cutting knife blade and pizza wheel cutter
Ink:Single tri-color dye or pigment cartridge (ships with dye)
Now Available w/ CMY+ Ultra Black Dye Ink
Software:PTCreate Professional for both PC and Mac for die-cutting unique contour shapes.
Make Your Own Product Labels with
Primera’s LX610 Color Label Printer with Built-In Plotter Cutter
Automatic, Built-in Die-Cutting
LX610’s printing and precision die-cutting are incorporated into one easy, time-saving step. Just import your design and select a cut format. Choose from standard die-cuts – such as squares, circles, or rectangles in any size, or a contour cut that automatically and precisely follows the outline of the image*. You’ll never need to order a custom die again.
*Bundle includes software upgrade, PTCreate Pro™
How does LX610 work?
Three Simple Steps!
- Import your label image into the included PTCreate or PTCreate Pro software
- Drag a shape around the image and type in the desired dimensions. Included shapes in PTCreate include squares, circles, rectangles, ovals and starbursts. For more intricate designs, PTCreate Pro is required.
- Specify a quantity and hit “Go.” PTCreate and your LX610 will do the rest. After your label is printed, it is cut out to your desired shape and ready to apply to your products.
LX610 Case Study: Bellus All Natural Labs
Primera visits Michael Cimo, owner and founder of Bellus All Natural Labs in Pompton Plains, New Jersey, to find out how their Primera LX610 Color Label Printer is helping their business grow.
Order Clear Gloss Lamination Labels for Use with LX610
Now You Can Make Labels Produced on LX610 Waterproof and Outdoor-Durable!
Lamination Mode is now a selection in the printer’s PrintHub™ status Monitor.
Here’s how it works.
- In PrintHub, select “Laminate Mode”
- Send a print/cut file to the printer as usual
- The printer prints the image, feeds it out the front of the printer and stops
- Apply an optically clear, 4-mil polyester laminate patch by hand
- Push any button on the control panel to pull the printed image back into the cutter
- The now-laminated image is cut to size and shape – any shape – with the built-in X/Y cutting blade
- Label dispenses out the front and can then be cut and stacked into individual, laminated, custom-cut sheets.
|Daily Volume:||1 to 1000||1 to 3000||1 to 3000||1 to 5000||1 to 7500|
|Print Width:||4.25" (108mm)||5" (127mm)||5" (127mm) pre-die cut labels |
4.1" (104mm) die-cutting
|8.25" (210mm)||8.25" (210mm)|
|Print Speed (up to):||2.5"/sec. (64mm/sec.)||4.5"/sec. (114mm/sec.)||4.5"/sec. (114mm/sec.)||4.5"/sec. (114mm/sec.)||4.5"/sec. (114mm/sec.)|
|Ink Cartridge:||Single CMY, ultra-high yield||Single CMY, ultra-high yield||Single CMY, ultra-high yield||Single CMY, ultra-high yield||Separate CMY ink tanks|
|Ink Type:||Dye||Standard Dye, Pigment or CMY+ Ultra Black Dye||Standard Dye, Pigment or CMY+ Ultra Black Dye||Standard Dye, Pigment or CMY+ Ultra Black Dye||CMY+ Ultra Black Dye or Pigment|
Top LX610 Markets
Manufacturers across hundreds of markets from specialty foods to cosmetics use Primera LX-series label printers to print their high-quality, short-run labels.
LX610 Color Label Printer
"This company has the best customer service I have ever experienced. That alone keeps me buying, well and the LX610 is amazing.
by Ronald Jones
What's In The Box
Primera's PTCreate Pro software for Windows and Mac & ultra-high yield CMY dye ink cartridge.
Please note: The PTCreate Pro software code will be emailed to you within one business day after purchase.
|Visit the LX610 downloads page for the latest support information.|
- What are the prices of the printers?
- How much are the ink cartridges?
- What are the main differences between the five label printers?
- Label Width:
- Label Length:
- Ink Cartridges:
- Label Rolls:
- Speed: (Expected throughput for an 8 hour work day.)
- What is the average cost per label? It depends upon the amount of coverage and the colors used in your design. If you’d like to know your specific cost per label, please send a high resolution .jpg of your actual label to email@example.com, specify the printer you would like us to test, and we’ll run a test through the printer’s software to give you a very close approximate cost. We can also provide this general information:
- How many labels can you print per ink cartridge or set of ink carts? It depends upon the amount of coverage and the colors used in your design. If you’d like to know your specific cost per label, please send a high resolution .jpg of your actual label to firstname.lastname@example.org, specify the printer you would like us to test, and we’ll run a test through the printer’s software to give you a very close approximate number of labels per design. We can also provide this general information:
- Which printers offer a built-in label cutter? LX500 has a guillotine-style cutter built-in, while LX600, LX910 and LX3000 both offer a built-in “pizza-wheel” style label cutter. LX610 has a built-in die-cutting knife blade for cutting labels into custom shapes and sizes. LX610 also has a built in “pizza-wheel” style cutter.
- What operating systems do these printers support?
- What is the highest resolution each printer is capable of printing? Native print resolution is 1200 dpi. All can print up to a maximum of 1200 x 4800 dpi, although 1200 x 1200 and 1200 x 2400 settings are usually preferred since they print faster.
- Do the printers come with software to design my labels? Yes, they come with a basic design program for Windows called BarTender UltraLite. LX610 does not include this software, but you can download Bartender for free on their website. It allows you to import graphics, logos, etc. and add things like bar codes. You can also design your labels in a full-featured design program, save them as high-resolution .jpg, .tiff, .bmp, .png or .pdf files and use our software to arrange them onto your label stock and print. Or, you can print directly out of your own graphic design software such Adobe® Illustrator® as long as that software allows you to change the page sizes to the sizes of your labels.
- Does the printers do bar codes? Yes, for Windows users they come with BarTender UltraLite software, which includes just about every type of bar code used in business and industry worldwide, including 2D bar codes. LX610 does not include this software, but you can download Bartender for free on their website.
- Are the labels waterproof? We hesitate to use the word “waterproof,” but several of our label substrates, when printed onto by LX600, LX610, LX910 and LX3000 with dye ink, are highly water-resistant. The LX3000 dye ink and 053013 Ultra Dye ink, when paired with our white gloss BOPP material, is extremely water-resistant. We do not recommend LX500/RX500 for labels that will be exposed to water. The black on LX500/RX500 is made by mixing cyan, magenta and yellow. That much ink saturation can smear when it gets wet no matter which label stock you use.
- How long will my images last? All inks, whether dye or pigment, will begin to fade over time. Dye ink generally is recommended for indoor use on products that will be consumed in less than a year. If exposed daily to direct sunlight or bright indoor lights, dye inks can start to fade in a number of months. Dye inks deliver the best range of bright, vibrant colors so they are usually preferred over pigment ink for products that go onto food, wine and other consumable products. Pigment ink has superior UV resistance. Primera’s pigment inks have been tested outdoors for more than a year with little noticeable fading. Pigment ink is usually selected if many years indoor or up to two years outdoor life is required with little fading. Labels printed with pigment ink will be slightly less vibrant, so are usually selected for more industrial-types of projects such as GHS labels, tags, photo ID badges, bin labels and much more.
- Do I have to buy my labels and ink from you? Continuous label stock for LX610 (used for digital die-cutting) must be purchased from Primera or one of its resellers. This material is chipped and perfectly matched with the printer for digital die-cutting. Any inkjet coated label material for pre-die cut labels may be used. For all other Primera desktop label printers, you are free to purchase them from anyone you choose. Labels just need to be coated for aqueous inkjet printing. For non-Primera labels, you’ll see varying levels of water-resistance, gloss and other characteristics. Remember to always test first! Our ink carts are designed specifically for our printers. So, you won’t generally find them at brick-and-mortar retail stores. However, thousands of online resellers have them in stock, as does Primera’s e-commerce site www.primera.com.
- Are your ink cartridges refillable? No, they are not. They are designed and manufactured for one-time-only use.
- Are any of your printers wireless? LX3000 does not have built-in wireless but can be made into a wireless printer with a low-cost to Ethernet to Wireless adapter. Customer Care reps can email you a list of currently-supported 3rd-party adapters.
- Do you offer any financing? Yes! We have relationships with both PayPal and Credit Key. Ask your sales representative for more details on these programs.
LX500/RX500: the single cyan/magenta/yellow (CMY) cartridge is $56.95.
LX600/LX610/LX910: the dye-based single, ultra-high capacity cyan/magenta/yellow (CMY) cartridge is $76.95, and the pigment-based single, ultra-high capacity CMY cartridge is $78.95. For increased water resistance and a darker black print, a new CMY+ Ultra Black dye cartridge is now available for $81.95.
LX3000: Dye and Pigment print heads are $74.95 each. The three color ink tanks are $64.95 each. You can save money by purchasing a multipack (one of each CMY) for $189.99.
LX500/RX500 will print on a label from 0.75” (19mm) up to 4.25” (108mm) wide
LX600 will print on a label from .5” (13mm) to 5” (127mm) wide
LX610 will print on a label from .5” (13mm) to 4.1” (104mm) - die-cutting and .5” (13mm) to 5” (127mm) - pre-die cut
LX910/LX3000 will print on a label from 0.50” (13mm) up to 8.25” (210mm) wide; minimum liner width is 1.5” (38mm) and can be up to 8.375” (213mm) wide
LX500/RX500 will print a label from 0.75” (19mm) up to 24” (610mm) long
LX600/LX610 will print on a label from 0.5” (13mm) up to 12” (305mm) long
LX910/LX3000 will print a label from 0.50” (13mm) up to 24” (610mm) long
LX500/RX500 utilize a single Cyan/Magenta/Yellow (CMY) ink cartridge that combines colors to make a process black.
LX600/LX610/LX910 use a single, ultra-high capacity CMY ink cartridge for dye for vibrant prime labels, and one for pigment that possesses UV- and water-resistant qualities.
LX3000 has separate CMY ink tanks in both dye and pigment inks. You also save money on ink since only the tank that runs out of ink needs to be replaced.
LX500/RX500 have a 2” (51mm) core with label roll Outside Diameter (OD) of 5” (127mm).
LX600/LX610/LX910/LX3000 have a 3” (76mm) core with an OD of 6” (152mm).
LX500/RX500 – 500 to 1000 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) prints per day
LX600/LX610 – Up to 3000 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) prints per day
LX910 – 3000 to 5000 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) prints per day
LX3000 - 5000 to 7500 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) prints per day
LX500: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, cost per label can range from $0.05 to $0.10.
RX500: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, cost per label can range from $0.05 to $0.10. With the addition of a RFID inlay, the cost will vary.
LX600/LX610/LX910: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, cost per label can range from $0.03 to $.07.
LX3000: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, cost per label can range from $0.005 to $.03.
LX500/RX500: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, you’ll get about 600 to 800 labels per ink cartridge
LX600/LX610/LX910: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, you’ll get about 1300 to 1800 labels per ink cartridge
LX3000: at 50% coverage on a 4" (102mm) x 3" (76mm) label at default print resolution, you’ll get about 7000 to 8500 labels per set of ink tanks
LX500: Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+Regarding Windows XP and Vista, our printer drivers will likely still work. However, since Microsoft has ceased support for XP and Vista, we have no choice but to also no longer support XP and Vista. If you choose to use one of these obsolete operating systems, you do so at your own risk.
RX500: Windows: 7/8/10+
LX600: Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+
LX610: Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+
LX910: Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+
LX3000: Windows 7/8/10+ or MacOS 10.11+
For Mac, we don’t include software since most Mac users prefer to print directly from programs such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. If you are not a designer, an easy to use software package we recommend for Mac is Label LIVE software. You can download a free trial on our website.
It is important to match the right substrate for your particular application. This is especially true for water-resistance. Before ordering a large quantity of blank labels you should try out some printed labels on your products in the environment in which they’ll be used. In general, we suggest a synthetic substrate for high-humidity or wet environments. Vinyl, BOPP and polyester label stocks are ideal.
The most water-resistant substrate we sell is the clear and white polyester labels. However, they are also the most expensive. Vinyl and BOPP are great alternatives but again should be tested before ordering a large quantity of blank labels. Vinyl is also ideal for very small or irregularly-shaped containers since it is very soft and conformable. For applications where water isn’t a concern, our TuffCoat Gloss White paper labels perform exceptionally well and are affordable, too.
|Print Method:||Thermal inkjet; Dye & Pigment ink|
|Print Resolution:||Up to 1200 x 4800 dpi|
|Print/Cut Speeds:||Pre die-cut media: 4.5” per second
Digital die-cut speeds: dependent on the image being cut
|Print Head:||New print head with every cartridge change|
|Ink:||Single high capacity Cyan, Magenta, Yellow ink cartridge, process black|
|Color Matching:||ICC color profiles for all Primera-supplied media. Ability to add custom ICC color profiles for other media types.|
|Print Width:||Pre die-cut: 0.5" (13mm) to 5" (127mm)
Die-cut: 0.5" (13mm) to 4.1" (104mm)
|Media Width:||Pre die-cut: 2.125" (54mm) to 5.125" (130mm)
Die-cut: 4.75" (121mm)
|Maximum Print Length:||12" (305mm)|
|Media Types:||Roll-fed pressure-sensitive labels, roll-fed tags, fan-fold labels or tag. Primera-approved materials must be used for continuous digital die-cutting media.|
|Media Sensing:||Moveable see-through sensor for die-cut labels;
reflective sensor for labels and tags with black stripe;
can use continuous and pre-printed labels and tags
|Supply Roll:||6" (152mm) maximum diameter on 3" (76mm) core.|
|Ink Level Warning:||Calculates actual number of prints remaining based upon ink usage of graphics being printed (patent-pending)|
|Indicator Lights:||Power, Ink|
|Controls:||Pause, Feed, Unload|
|Operating Systems:||Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / 11 or MacOS 10.11 - MacOS 12 +|
|Data Interface:||USB 2.0|
|Label Design/Die-Cutting Software:||Primera PTCreate Professional is included - compatible with PC and Mac.|
|Electrical Rating:||12VDC, 5.0A|
|Power Requirements:||100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz, 60 watts|
|Certifications:||UL, UL-C, CE, FCC Class A|
|California Prop 65:||WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Toxin - www.p65warnings.ca.gov|
|Weight:||12.5 lbs. (5.7 kg)|
|Dimensions:||13.6"W x 9.5"H x 17"D
(345mmW x 242mmH x 432mmD)
Ultra-high yield CMY dye ink cartridge and PTCreate Pro (for PC or Mac). Link: PTCreate Standard vs. PTCreate Pro.
|Liner/media width:||Pre die-cut: 5.125" (130mm)
Die-cut: 4.75" (121mm)
|Pre die-cut: 2.125" (54mm)
Die-cut: 4.75" (121mm)
|Label height/length:||12" (305mm)||0.5" (13mm)|
|Gap between labels:||10" (254mm)||0.1" (2.5mm)|
|Width of thru-hole opening:||0.5" (12.7mm)||0.25" (6.4mm)|
|Gap Sensor Adjustment Range:||2.1" (53mm)||0.4" (10mm)|
|Reflective/Black Mark Width*:||N/A||0.1" (2.54mm)|
|Max Outer Diameter (OD):||6"(152.4mm)||N/A|
|Inner Core Diameter (ID):||3" (76.2mm)||3" (76.2mm)|
|Total Thickness (Liner + Label)**:||0.010” (10 mil)||N/A|
|Distance from edge of media to edge of label:||Printer driver assumes 2 mm gap. However, this is adjustable via the left margin offset.|
* The Reflective/Black Mark should be opaque to infrared light. The mark should be between the labels. The end of the mark should correspond with the beginning of the label.
** This is the recommended maximum. There are two factors that determine whether the printer will accept any particular stock thickness.
***Pre-die cut labels under 2” will require a custom order.