Tax Exempt Customer Policy
Updated: February 2023
Where sales tax applies, the order total during your checkout reflects estimated sales tax. The final sales tax charged on your order will be displayed in your order confirmation sent via e-mail. Shipping charges may also be subject to tax in certain states. You are responsible for remitting any applicable tax to a state in which Primera is not required to collect.
If you are eligible to make tax-exempt purchases, please follow the steps below:
- Create an account at Primera.com. If you already have an account, skip to step 2. DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER YET.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
to 763-475-6993 and include the following information:
- Company / Organization
- Name (if applicable)
- Contact Name
- Street Address
- Zip Code
- Contact Phone Number
- Primera.com account e-mail address(es) or other contact e-mail address(es)
- Organization Type: (Non-Profit Organization, Government or Resale)
- Include a copy of your exemption certificate, resale certificate, or other acceptable proof of exempt status for the state to where the items will be shipped. Please note that a copy of your seller’s permit is not a valid form of exemption. Your form must be completely filled out and all information should match your billing information on your primera.com account.
Review & Approval Process
Review of forms may take up to 1-2 business days and additional documentation may be requested. You
notified via e-mail once your tax-exempt request has been approved. Please note that you must use
account when placing your orders, as this is part of your account set-up. If there are multiple
your company or organization that have separate accounts on Primera.com, these will need to be set
up as exempt
as well. Setting up your tax-exempt account prior to making your first order will ensure no tax is
the order, or any future qualifying order. If you place your order prior to receiving the approval
e-mail, tax will
be charged and will NOT be refunded.
After approval, your account tax status will be changed and no sales tax will be charged on any purchase of exempted items. Tax will be charged on any purchase of items not covered by the exemption certificate. For purchases where some items are taxable and some are not, separate orders must be placed. Additionally, Primera reserves the right to bill back any tax for items that we determine are not tax-exempt based on the information on your exemption certificate unless proof of taxes paid directly to the applicable state(s) is provided. Additional documentation may be required if you ship to a different state on other orders where a valid exemption certificate is not submitted for that state.
For states whose exemption forms do not officially expire, Primera sets an automatic expiration date of 2 years from the signature date on the exemption form. If you have a name or address change, or you have not placed an order in 2 years, a new form should be submitted prior to your next order. If a current exemption is not on file, your account will be moved to taxable and all future orders will be assessed sales tax until a new exemption form is received.