AP360 Label Applicator
• Up to 1200 labels per hour
• Applies single label at a time
• Quick set-up, easy operation
• Compact size
AP360 Label Applicator
Primera’s AP-Series Label Applicators are the perfect semi-automatic labeling solution for cylindrical containers as well as many tapered containers, including bottles, cans, jars and tubes. Set-up and operation is fast and easy:
- Set the guides
- Place your container in the machine
- Press the footswitch and your label is applied
The built-in spring-loaded pressure arm makes sure labels are applied firmly and without wrinkles.
Apply Labels Fast and Accurately
With an AP-Series Label Applicator you’ll be able to apply labels at speeds of up to 1200 per hour. Labels are perfectly applied without wrinkles, giving your finished products a highly professional look. AP-Series Label Applicators are an ideal accessory to Primera’s LX- or CX-Series label printers. The applicators can also apply roll-fed, pressure-sensitive labels produced by most other flexographic, offset and digital presses.
AP360 is the base model. It quickly and efficiently applies single labels at a time.
AP362 is an advanced model. It can apply one or two different labels to a single container. A built-in LED counter and memory for up to nine front-to-back label offsets is also included.
- Accurately applies labels to the front (AP360) or front and back (AP362) with variable spacing
- Quick set-up and easy operation
- Fast – labels are applied at 5.3” (135mm) per second – up to 1200 containers per hour
- Compact size – fits on most desks and countertops
- Professionally designed – one of the only semi-automatic label applicators available with UL, CSA and FCC safety and emissions certifications
- Industrial strength – built with heavy-duty sheet metal and steel for long life
What's In The Box
AP360 includes a power cord and power adapter, label roll bar and guides, and an Operator's Guide.
|AP360/362 Manual - Updated 05-19-14 - 1.71 MB|
|AP360/362 Loading Diagram - Updated 05-24-13 - 37 KB|
|Copy Position Chart - This chart shows the copy/print positions supported by the AP360 or AP362|
|AP550 Quickstart - Updated 10-17-13 - 2.45 MB|
|AP550 Manual - Updated 5-26-15 - 2.2 MB||Download|
|AP550 Container Holder Kit Manual - Updated 5-26-15 - 2.2 MB||Download|
1. What are the prices of the applicators?
AP360: $1,495 (MSRP), factory direct price is $1,350
AP362: $1,795 (MSRP), factory direct price is $1,595
AP550: $2,495 (MSRP), factory direct price is $2,250
2. What are the main differences between the three applicators?
- Types of containers
a. AP360 and AP362: Cylindrical (able to roll in a straight line – bottles, jars, etc.) Let us test your container if it is not completely round, or if it is tapered.
- Flat Surfaces (boxes, filled pouches, flat faced containers/bottles, etc.) Watch the AP550 container video https://www.primeralabel.com/ap550_features.html.
- Empty pouches or slim containers need to be placed on some type of additional platform to raise the container, as the applicator’s neck will hit the edge of the platform if the container is too thin. Books, wood, foam, etc. are great additions to raise the container.
- Number of labels applied
a. AP360 and AP550: 1 label at a time
b. AP362: 2 - Front and back label (labels need to alternate front and back on roll)
a. AP360 and AP362: 1200 containers/hour (semi-automatic – operator has to load container, so this really depends on the operator of the machine as well)
b. AP550: 500/hour (semi-automatic – operator has to load container, so this really depends on the operator of the machine as well)
3. What types of materials can be used?
Any of the materials we stock can be used on the applicators. If you have another material that we do not carry, we suggest testing the material on the machine to make sure it works.
4. What is the minimum/maximum width labels (including liner) can be?
AP360 and AP362: 1” to 9.4”
AP550: .875” to 4.125”
5. How does the applicator know when to apply my label?
AP360/362: Uses a physical sensor that moves based on the thickness of the material to sense the label and gap.
AP550:Uses an optical sensor. This is important when using a clear material as it would require the black registration mark on the back of the material vs. the AP360/362 which does not require this.
6. Do you offer any financing?
Yes! We have a relationship with PayPal where our products now qualify for their “Bill Me Later” program. It works like this: we write up a proforma invoice for your purchase. You submit it to PayPal for approval. Once approved, you can purchase the equipment from us and get 6 months of interest-free financing. The down-payment amount and monthly payment amount is figured out between you and PayPal. You’ll need to either already have or open a new PayPal account to use this financing.
7. How large can the outer diameter of the label roll be?
Up to 8” (all applicators)
8. What is the minimum/maximum size of the containers I can label?
AP360 and AP362: 1” to 9.4” wide - .6” to 6.7” diameter
AP550: .002” to 8” high – Platform size: max 12”wide x 12.2” long (So container could be longer or wider, but label may not be placed where they want it to if it’s too long or wide)
9. How do I make sure my label is placed exactly where I want it?
AP360: There are guides that move back and forth to ensure your container does not move when applying the label. This also ensures the label is applied without wrinkles.
AP362: Make sure your front and back labels are alternating on the roll. Measure the spacing you would like between the front and back label on the container. You can set this measurement on the machine and save it in the “mode” settings, so you only have to set the measurement one time, for each container. Place your container in the base, and press the foot switch. The front and back labels will be applied by hitting the foot switch only one time.
AP550: The platform underneath the application mechanism can be moved forward and back with the + and – buttons. You can save the setting of the platform for the particular container in the “mode” settings so you only need to set the placement for the container one time.
10. How many settings can I save? (AP360 does not have this feature, as it’s not needed to apply one label)
AP362: Up to 9 settings (spacing between front and back label)
AP550: Up to 9 settings (platform location)
|Container Width:||1” to 9.4” (25.4mm to 238mm)|
|Container Diameter:||0.6” to 6.7” (15mm to 170mm)|
|Container Shape:||Cylindrical and many tapered|
|Supply roll diameter:||Up to 8” (203mm)|
|Media liner width:||1” to 8.375” (25.4mm to 213mm)|
|Supply roll core:||2” to 3” I.D. (51.8mm to 76.2mm)|
|Electrical rating:||12VDC, 5.0A|
|Power requirements:||100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz, 60 watts|
|Agency certifications:||UL, UL-C, CE, FCC Class A|
|California Prop 65:||WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Toxin - www.p65warnings.ca.gov|
|Weight:||16 lbs. (7.26 kg)|
|Dimensions:||13.4”W x 8.9”H x 12.9”D (340mmW x 226mmH x 328mmD)|
|Gap between Labels:||Recommended: 1/8" - 1/4" ( 3.175 mm - 6.3500 mm )|
|Label Type:||Die cut with waste removed. Clear labels can be used.|
|Liner Thickness:||2 mil - 10mil (smoothness will affect feeding - a liner that is too slippery or too thin will slip through the drive rollers)|
|Label + Adhesive Thickness:||5 mil - 15 mil*|
|Wind Direction||Wound out - See Copy-Position Chart (Position 3 or 4 for most containers)|
AP360 Label Applicator
Special Price $1,350.00 was $1,495.00
LX600 Color Label Printer
Special Price $1,795.00 was $1,895.00
LX610 Color Label Printer with Plotter/Cutter
Special Price $2,375.00 was $2,495.00
Two Year Extended Warranty + Hot Swap for AP360 and AP362 Label Applicators
RW-12 Label Rewinder
Special Price $795.00 was $859.00